Support Healthy Lactation with Fenugreek
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is an annual herb native to the Mediterranean region of the world. Fenugreek is used throughout the world as a culinary spice and has been used by women for centuries as a “galactagogue” – a natural product to increase the production of breast milk. Fenugreek contains diosgenin, a plant-based estrogen, which is thought to increase milk flow in lactating women to help support breast milk production.*
Unlike other available Fenugreek supplements which can require taking up to 8 capsules per day, Fairhaven Health’s Fenugreek contains a unique blend of organic Fenugreek Seed Powder, along with a concentrated Fenugreek Seed Powder extract (10:1), delivering a dose equivalent to 2000 mg of standard fenugreek seed powder in just 2 vegetarian capsules each day.
While fenugreek has a long history of safe use as a culinary spice and an herbal galactagogue, there are a few important precautions related to fenugreek supplementation:
- Fenugreek can cause sweat and breast milk to smell like maple syrup.
- Fenugreek is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Fenugreek should be used with caution by women with allergies to peanuts.
- Fenugreek can reduce blood glucose levels. Women with diabetes should consult a physician before taking fenugreek.
- Fenugreek can, in some cases, aggravate asthma symptoms. Women with asthma should consult a physician before using fenugreek.
Wondering which supplements can be taken together?
(see our Pregnancy & Nursing Supplement Guide to find out.)
I purchased this product as a La Leche League consultant recommended this. It did help my milk production by an additional two ounces within three days. My urine did smell like syrup, so that was the only downfall i suppose. I only took this product for four weeks. I will try it again.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch